In late October, an emergency was declared in the small First Nation reserve of Kashechewan in Northern Ontario. Hundreds of residents had to be flown out of the community for medical treatment after their water supply became too toxic to drink or bathe in. In this News in Review story we’ll look at the terrible conditions the people of Kashechewan have endured for years, a standard of living that many thought unimaginable in Canada. We’ll show you how help finally arrived. We’ll also examine what needs to be done to make the community safe to live in again.